Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Is Getting Close

December has flown by.  I think I am almost done wrapping the last of the presents.  And I have all of tomorrow set aside for cooking.  I just wanted to post a couple of cute photos of Delanie and to repost this link that I came across.  But first a little of my own musings.

Adoption completely consumed our household during 2011.  The year and our house was filled with anxiety, jubilation, tears, fears, and joy.  And for every tear I shed during the year both happy and sad, I am truly grateful.  As I wrapped the last of Delanie's presents this evening, I was able to reflect upon what an amazing journey God led us on, and the wonderful blessing that he bestowed upon our lives. Lanie fell asleep in her swing trying to chew on the toy bar as I wrapped gifts.  It was the most amazing picture and the type that I didn't know at this time last year if it would ever happen. Faith is easy to say that you have, but you only know the depths of this faith when you take a journey into the unknown with God. These journeys do not follow our plans, and believe me I know-I'm a planner.  Their rewards are not always apparent when we begin or even as we power through the middle. But in the end He will lead you to where you are supposed to be.  If I don't get to the computer again before Christmas, Merry Christmas and remember that He truly is the only presence that we need at this time of year.

Here is a fantastic post that the director of our adoption agency linked to earlier on Facebook.  If you have the time read this blogger's story.  Musings of An Old Lady-Adoption Story

Here are a couple of cute pictures our best gift ever.







No comments:

Post a Comment