Thursday, May 19, 2011

Freaky, Scary, Double Blessing!

We're matched!!!  Craig and I have been in shock since yesterday afternoon.  The meeting went really nice with the young couple.  Of course it was awkward, but we are going to be able to visit with them more-so I know that it will get better.  We really liked them and have such respect for the plan that they are making.

We were going through the interview taking turns asking each other questions.  And the birthmother asked us if we planned to have more children in the future.  Craig and I looked at each other before we answered.  It was not a question that we had every asked each other.  So, the only and best answer-which was truthful was the we hadn't thought of it before and we would wait to see where God was going to lead us.

The birthmother (H) said well the reason we are asking is because we are pregnant with twins!

OMG-my jaw dropped and the blood drained from my head to my toes.  And yes you read that right.  TWINS!!!  BOYS!!

I went into momentary shock and Craig had to pick up the conversation.......but then I did recover to tell them about the dream that I had back in early February.  (Reference the end of the February 7 post) I dreamed that we were placed with twin boys.  And in my post I said that the dream was freaky, scary and that us having twin would be freaky, scary.  And it is.  All the way home from Lubbuck, Craig and I would take turns just busting out laughing.  It is surreal, but I guess I need to get busy researching how to logistically handle twins.  LOL-I must research all things before I do them!

Thank you for your prayers and please continue to pray for everyone in our triad:  the birthparents/babies, the agency and us.

Oh, and if you read the 2/7/11 post you know that I get to name the second one.........

1 comment: