Friday, May 13, 2011

Date Set!

Well, we have a date set to meet with the birth parents.  We are meeting them next Wednesday, May 18.  There is not a lot that we can do until then, but pray.......I have tried to think of questions that I want to ask but I keep getting stuck in HR lady mode and think of "technical" questions that one would ask if interviewing a job candidate.  Although you know me, I have started a list.


The agency said that these meetings are typically awkward.  I guess it is difficult to dance around the large elephant in the room (pick us! pick us!), while getting to know each other within a truthful light.  We are to sell ourselves, without focusing on the baby and the adoption.  We are to get to know the young couple without over selling ourselves and dominating the conversation.  I am so glad that Craig will be there since he can talk to anyone and always has a conversation end up in giggles.  If it was just me I might clam up and ramble on with one of my long convoluted stories.  However the meeting goes-I just hope that we make the young couple comfortable and that they are able to make the best decision possible for their child.


We are very hopeful that this is "the one"; however, we know that if it isn't that only means that our little Miller is still out there somewhere.  It is very hard in such a situation to keep from getting overly excited.  If it is not the one-I know I will be extremely sad-but I know that it is not the end of the road.  Sometimes God sends us on test runs before the real thing and it would be helpful to know if this is a test run or the real thing-(I keep checking my email and the snail maill-no note from God as of today) BUT as we all know God doesn't work that way.  


The moral of this little story is that there is only one thing to do between now and next week: PRAY


My prayers are centered around the young couple and that they are able to make the best decision for the child whether that is placing him with us or moving on to another couple.  I also pray that they have the support they need going through this situation-because no matter the side of the fence you occupy it is a bumpy and hilly slope.  I pray that their little one is growing healthy and strong, and that Craig and I have peace through our meeting.  


One of my favorite scriptures does a very good job setting forth a guideline for the next week and our meeting:

 "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment