Monday, November 21, 2011

A Few Pics & The Hall Thanksgiving

Here are a few pictures from this week.  It was a super crazy busy this past week at our house.  Waco had it's first downtown farmer's market.  We got a lot of interest so we'll be there next week with milk and cheese.  Poor Craig was dead on his feet by Saturday night, but hopefully he'll have a slower week this week.

 Delanie & Daddy chillin' on the couch.  Mommy stood up on the couch to take this picture.  They both thought I was crazy.
 Just being cute.
Wearing the first outfit that her Nonni & Granddad (Weldon & Wanda) bought her last Christmas before we even knew who she was or if we were going to be wearing pink or blue.  She has on some tiger socks to honor Granddad's days of selling Exxon gas......Nothing runs like a tiger

We had the Hall Thanksgiving on Sunday.  It was a great day of visiting.  Nonni & Granddad came down and Uncle Jordan & Aunt Elise came too.  Delanie performed very well for the family, and was exhausted by the time everyone left.  And she got to watch her first Nascar race with her Granddad.

Here are  a few pictures.
 Delanie & Granddad
 Talking with Nonni
 Showing the Uncle & Aunt how she can grab things.
 Delanie discovered that Uncle Jordan was a great recliner.
 Daddy & Delanie showing everyone how she likes her laughing/vibrating cow.
Just being a little beauty.

We had a great spread of smoked ham and turkey sandwiches.  The desserts were great despite I left an ingredient out of mine and was short on another.  

Dad made a very good apple pie and I made a chocolate bourbon pecan pie.  It was surprisingly good considering that first halfway during mixing it up, I realized that I only had 1/2 of the amount of Karo I need.  I substituted the rest with honey.  Then after I had the pie in the oven for several minutes, I realized that the brown sugar package had not even been opened. Ugh......oh well......I let it cook anyway and we ate it.  What made leaving out the brown sugar more annoying was that I had Craig pick up a new bag in town after I discovered that mine had dried out.  Maybe the stuff I do this week I'll be able to get all of the ingredients in!!

And hopefully I get to put up my Christmas tree sometime this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment