So have I ever mentioned that our family loves cheese? We have worked a deal out with Scott Simon at the Texas Cheese House to make us some raw milk cheese from our milk. He got his second batch today and we went over to watch him make a batch.
Last week Scott made Montasio. We got to look at what is curing for 60 days. He made some Montasio with figs and another batch with garlic. It looked so yummy!! We were able to taste some Montasio that was ready (made several months back). It was divine!!
So here's a little Montasio!
And here's some Garlic Montasio-garlic's not my thing but I bet this is awesome!
And no this is not rotten cheese-it's Montasio with figs! Hmmm....this is a new flavor!
Scott was going to made a cheddar today, but then decided to make Asiago. We also tasted some of it that he made previously. It is more of a salty cheese, but I liked it better than than the Montasio. Shorty like the Montasio better-if I remember right, and Craig well-he just likes cheese. So, 60 days from today we will have fresh Asaigo cheese in the store and in 53 days we will have Montasio. I hope we can wait-good thing it is not stored at our house-I don't know if it would last 60 days at the Millers!
And yes this is raw milk cheese. We bottled it this morning, followed it to Lorena, and then got to watch Scott begin to turn it into cheese. Here’s a website that explains Montasio: http://montasiocheese.com/about-montasio/
And here’s a little about asiago-although according to this only true asiago is made in Italy: http://asiago-cheese.com/
I think I will have cows jumping over moons of cheese in my dreams tonight!
Wonderful! We will have to come and buy some cheese! Too bad I can't have wine with it lol :(
ReplyDelete